Plastic Ultimate Tensile Testing
One of the services CTS provides is testing the Tensile Properties of Plastics. This standard test method is outlined by ASTM D638:
- ASTM D638: Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Plastics
- This test method produces tensile property data for plastic material specifications.
- It is important that materials used in structural applications are able to resist breaking under tensile stress, and this requires a controlled method for testing tensile strength.
- The ultimate tensile strength (also called “tensile strength at break”) is the tensile strength at which the material will break, measured in terms of force per unit area (MPa/PSI).
Do you need Plastic Tensile Testing?
- CTS Engineers and Marketing Personnel
- “ASTM D638 – 14.” ASTM International – Standards Worldwide, www.astm.org/Standards/D638.
- Tensile Property Testing of Plastics, www.matweb.com/reference/tensilestrength.aspx.
- “Young’s Modulus and Tensile Strength.” Sculpteo, 3 Oct. 2018, www.sculpteo.com/blog/2017/06/14/youngs-modulus-and-tensile-strength/.”